Technology Resources is a unit in the Division of Information Technology employing about 100 developers, project managers, and other expert technologists who build and maintain the technology that powers education and innovation at Texas State University.
Texas State has IT tools and services available to help faculty, staff, and students teach, work, and learn from virtually anywhere. Learn more about Teaching, Learning, and Working Remotely at TXST.
Technology Resources is dedicated to helping Texas State University create educational excellence for faculty and students by offering the best technology tools possible.
What we do
Among the myriad of services the unit provides:
- Important teaching and learning technologies like Faculty Profiles.
- The TXST Mobile app.
- The software that drives registration, financial aid, and most other campuswide systems.
- The wired and wireless networks that connect students, faculty, and staff to the San Marcos and Round Rock campuses and the world beyond.
- Core technologies like Bobcatmail and Office 365.
- And much, much more.
Dedicated to serving Bobcats
"Our staff work tirelessly day and night, to make sure the university's technologies work, are helpful, and are easy-to-use.
"At any given time our small, dedicated staff has dozens of projects going on simultaneously, thousands of pieces of equipment in the field, and millions of lines of code maintained to make sure it all works.
"I'm extremely proud of our team and how we contribute to the university."
- Mark Hughes, Associate Vice President of Technology Resources.